Pages

Monday, August 24, 2009

Still Good

We were introduced to a new song at worship team practice the other night. It’s one of those songs that you just know was written from the depths of anguish in someone’s heart. The team quickly embraced the song and included it in our Sunday morning set.

Today I sang that song in earnest – from the depths of an anguished heart – to my Father.

I received word that my cousin, who has been battling cancer for well over a year now, is not doing very well. From a human perspective, the outlook is bleak.

But God isn’t surprised by these present circumstances. In His economy, this situation is just a vapor in the wind. We MUST trust implicitly that He is working all this for our good. Stretching our faith. Growing our testimony. Drawing us closer to Him.

There are many times that we cannot feel God’s presence in the middle of a crisis. But that doesn’t mean that He’s not there, that He doesn’t care, that we are not still safe in the palm of His Hand.

This song ministers to me today and I want to share it with you. There will come a day when it feels like the sky is falling down all around you. This is a song you need to have in your worship arsenal.

He is still God. And He is still good.


I’ll Just Worship
(www.tonysutherland.com)

When the night is falling on me
And the dread is pounding on my heart
When sorrow chases me so deep into the dark
When the fear is growing in me
And the pain is more than I can bare
When the silence echoes out and I can’t see You there
You’re still God
You’re still good

I’ll just worship You, I’ll just worship You
I’ll just worship You, that’s what these tears were made for
I’ll just worship You, I’ll trust everything You do
I’ll just lift my hands and worship

When the clouds are swirling ‘round me
And they try to cover up the light
When the rain comes pouring down and there’s no end in sight
When the storms of life are raging
And my faith is tossin’ in the wind
Then I come running to Your loving arms again
You are God
You are good

I’ll just worship You, I’ll just worship You
I’ll just worship You, that’s what these tears were made for
I’ll just worship You, I’ll trust everything You do
I’ll just lift my hands and worship

You are faithful always
You are faithful always
You are faithful always


1 comment:

  1. Thats such a wonderful song...that's one of the songs Luke introduced to us. It is just beautiful. A great reminder to us all.

    ReplyDelete